Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day of Orientation and First full day "on my own"!

Ahh, day 1 COMPLETED! The first half of the day is nothing interesting... If I were to explain it you would probably fall asleep and then never come read my blog again! Sad. :( So we will just say that it was 6 hours of "orientation". I always pictured it as something fun with games and ice breakers and "meet you'r new class" kind of stuff! Not so much... Incredibly boring, lectures about rules, policies, handbooks, what their purpose is, what our purpose is, blah blah BLAH!
That was painful! BUT afterwards I got to go see Jaimee and Morgan's fabulous appartment finally!! We got hungry and after separate errands we met up at the mall! I bet you can get what we got for dinner... CHIPOTLE! Nom nom nom! Jaimee and I discovered that we both are obsessed with Chipotle AND that we both get the exact same thing! Crazy, I know. Burrito bowl, rice, steak, pico de gallo, cheese and sour cream! YUM! We even got Morgan to order it and she said that she liked it! SUCCESS! Jaimee and I warned her that it might just seem okay now, but soon it will become a food group in your daily diet! After that we headed back to their home where I learned how to play poker! I have been taught a few times, but I have never understood anything that I was doing. Since I had some amazing teachers tonight I learned how to play and it was so much fun! I learned that Jaimee likes to bluff and Morgan would rather "fold" after the first 3 cards are laid out than to wait and see and end up "waisting chips". We had a slight intermission to take a walk to CVS and get some ice cream! Morgan and I were way to impatient to wait for the "walk" sign so we just ran across the street! Jaimee was sadly left behind at the corner and was very quick to inform us that we were Jay walking and we could get pulled over! I couldn't stop laughing seeing her back at the corner alone! After we got back and had our ice cream and continued our game of poker with some music, Jaimee learned that Bruno Mars was white! Ahh so funny (: Such a fantastic first full day with two new friends that I can't wait to spend more time with! I got home arouned 10-10:15ish. Tim and Cara were already in bed.... :o I decided I was just going to go to my room and shut the door.. I'm sure they heard me come in, right?!
Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds for my new college adventure!
Bailey Dawn
Story for the day:
So Morgan, Jaimee and I were sitting in our last part of orientation just waiting for the clock to hit 3 o'clock. The guy talking pulls up a slideshow and starts talking about who knows what. A few minutes in I hear a girl behind me and a row over open a bag of Fritos and starts chomping away at them! I could smell them from where I was sitting and she didn't seem to mind how loud she was being with the bag.. or the chewing. As the slideshow continues I notice that she is making comments about it and the little cartoons and sound effects that are taking place! It was hilarious! A little cartoon comes up and she just goes, "uh uh.. oh no he di'int.... no" and then a sound effect goes off "no, no please no.." Then more cartoons and she just says, "I just cant take these pitures no more!!" I could barely hold myself together!!! Morgan, Jaimee and I couldn't stop bringing it up afterwards! She was just so funny making all those comments during his presentation! "no.. oh no.." I hope she is in my classes!(;

No comments:

Post a Comment